Friday, October 29, 2010

Penalty: Delay of Planning

Here's the thing about having a job where you work months and months for one day: as the day approaches, you have no life, and all activities, with the exception of sleeping and eating, cease.

I apologize for the lack of wedding details here lately.  It's certainly not because I'm not thinking about it, or because I have a lack of things to write about.  It's just that I have a job that leaves my brain mushy at the end of the day, and I can barely spit out words, let alone craft a carefully detailed and witty blog post.

I work in Elections: not on the campaign side, but on the administration side.  I love my job.  It's very reminiscent of wedding planning in that you plan and panic and wait for one day, and when it's all over, you wonder how it passed you by so quickly.  In a lot of ways, It's how I feel the planning process is going--when we got engaged, we had thirteen months.  As of Monday, we'll have six!  Plenty of time for all the details to sort themselves out, but I can't help but think that it's going by too quickly!

Anyway, I'm going to try to get through the next few days, and I'll be back after all the noise of the election has died down and the sanity is mostly restored.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment