Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Meet My 'Maids!

I know for some girls, choosing a bridal party can be a trying experience.  I was incredibly lucky in that the selection process (if you could even call it that) for my side of the Goodlaff bridal party was easy. Let me introduce you to the Goodlaff Girls:

Sister Goodlaff, my Maid of Honor:


Choosing my MOH wasn't at all hard.  I have one sister whom I've known (and tortured) all her life, and I always knew the job would be hers if she would take it; we are complete polar opposites, and we don't always get along, but I still love her anyway.  She was so thrilled with being asked to be my MOH and immediately jumped right in, and started researching her official duties.  I like to think the wedding planning has brought us a little bit closer (she calls me once every month now, instead of every three or four months!).

Bridesmaid Cosmopolitan:


BM Cosmo's on the left, next to me. This picture was taken the day that we became sisters!  I joined Alpha Xi Delta my senior year in college, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I met the most amazing people and made incredible friends, one of which was Cosmo. Cosmo and I are in the same sorority family, and she's my big sister. She showed me the ropes and helped me feel welcome.  She is super organized and has a huge heart, plus, she's a lot of fun to shop with (talk about great taste!).

Bridesmaid Tequila Sunrise:



Yes, that is Vegas, and yes, those are gigantic footballs full of alcoholic beverages.  BM Sunrise is also a sorority sister (she's my Great Grand Big), and she and Cosmo are partners in crime.  When I was trying to be a good little student and prepare for my classes, Cosmo and Sunrise would drag me out of the dorm and force me to be social. Sunrise and I bonded over Harry Potter, The West Wing, and Meg Cabot books, and together with Cosmo spent enough time at Mary's Pizza Shack (Best. Ranch. Ever.) for the waitstaff to probably know us by name. She just graduated form Law School and is going to take over the world someday!

Bridesmaid Tom Collins:


Talk about a flashback--I think I'm 15 in that picture; just two small-town girls in the middle of Times Square.  After Sister Goodlaff, I have known TCollins the longest.  We met in Middle School and have been close ever since.  TCollins and I have been through an awful lot together, and we have the kind of friendship where we may not talk for months, but when we do, we pick right back up where we left off.  She's fun and adventurous, and is always calm and relaxed in any situation.  She has called me to the carpet when I've needed it, and I love her like a sister.

I'm so excited to have these wonderful ladies stand by me on one of the most important days of my life, and I can't imagine having anyone else up there with me. What I love about the Goodlaff Girls is that they represent all the different stages of my life (cheesy, I know);  the day I marry Mr Goodlaff, I will have the support of my family, my longtime friend, and my chosen sisters from college and beyond. I really can't ask for anything more than that. 

How did you choose your bridesmaids?

No comments:

Post a Comment