Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sing a Song of Sixpence

Usually I don't get excited when opening mail. Mr. Goodlaff comes home, sorts out the mail ("Miss Goodlaff, Mr. Goodlaff, Miss Goodlaff, Mr. Goodlaff"), and then I open and toss into the burn pile the credit card offers, grudgingly file the bills, and go on my merry little way.  But today was different! Today's mail contained a card from Granny Goodlaff in Florida. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little confused by the appearance of a card in our mailbox.  I went through a mental list of holdiays, birthdays, and events, trying to figure our the reason for the card, and none of them being even remotely close to occuring, I gave up figuring out why the card was there and just opened it.


Inside was a sweet note and an envelope with two small tokens:  




Sixpence!  Sixpence for my shoe!  I was pretty blown away by these two little coins; I mean, how cool is that sixpence from 1957? Plus, I'm now able to cross another item off of my bridal bingo list (still looking for old and borrowed).  I'm going to find a way to wear both of them in my shoes on our wedding day.  Granny Goodlaff suggested that the small one may be more comfortable, but if one sixpence is good, then two is better, right?

So. Cool.

These coins totally made my day, and I love that Granny Goodlaff is keeping in touch and staying involved all the way from Florida.

Did you have any awesome surprise gifts leading up to your wedding?

1 comment: