Friday, June 24, 2011

Time to Dine

After our rehearsal was over, we headed down the street to Lefty's Grill in Nevada City. Mr. Goodlaff and I chose the restaurant because, exactly three years ago to that very day, we were set up on a lunch date at Lefty's by Tally and Houdini, and the chance to celebrate that anniversary with our family and friends at the place where it all began was just too good to pass up. The venue was a perfect fit for us. It had a private banquet room in the back that fit just enough, but not too many people, and made for a cozy rehearsal dinner atmosphere.

We gathered in the back banquet room with our bridal party and immediate family, and everyone mingled and chatted as we waited for our dinner to arrive.



At one point, there was also a painting of a knife behind me, but it mysteriously came crashing down.  The fork painting shared the knife's destiny, and later was floor-bound as well. Oops...

After dinner, there was much speechifying as Mr. Goodlaff and I passed out the gifts for the Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, and our parents, and the handkerchiefs I had hand embroidered for all the moms.


(That's Houdini, convincing one of Mr. Goodlaff's groomsmen that he should be doing a reading in the wedding the next day....)

But the hour was late, and everyone began heading for the bars or home.  I must confess: I was in a huge hurry to get out of there. I had vows to write and a hotel to check into, and a million details to try to empty out of my head before I'd be able to sleep.  Crazy time was just beginning, because I was getting married in less than 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment