Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good Enough for the Front of the Refrigerator

What happens when you actually do succeed at something on your first try?  You squeal like a little girl who just found her first Barbie Dream House under the Christmas tree!


Remember those shoe clips I ran off and bought supplies for without knowing what I would really need to make them? 


I began with this:




And ended up with this: say hello to my homemade shoe clips!



Yes, I know!  I made them!  All by myself!  With no plan! And they look great!  (Please forgive my abuse of the exclamation points, I'm still beyond impressed with how they turned out.)  They were really easy, too (if you don't mind a little bit of sewing, that is).  I'll post a how-to soon, but for now, just sit back and enjoy the amazing transformation of plain wedding shoes to amazing wedding shoes!

Before:

After:





I mean, seriously.  I like these so much better than the ones I was seeing online, and I love that I had total control over how they came out. Plus, it helped me kill a few hours between dinner and bedtime. The one negative was that I was so happy with the outcome that I practically needed to run laps around our living room to get out all of that keyed-up energy! Poor Mr. Goodlaff was wondering what it was about these clips that had me trying to do little leprechaun jumps (you know, the ones where you click your heels together--I still can't do it...) all over our house--he's really quite patient.


What do you think? 


Have any of your DIY projects come out better than you expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment