Monday, November 8, 2010

One of My Many Weaknesses

I had a necklace chain break today, so I thought I'd get a replacement chain from our local craft store.

Bad Idea.

Christmas has come to Ben Franklin and I'm a sucker...

The staff there had decorated a tree with candy ornaments, and a lot of these:


 Cupcake christmas ornaments....how awesome is that? There was no way I could resist! 

I started wandering around the store (bad, bad idea!), looking for craft inspiration for my Christmas ornaments, and came across a display of writing journals.  Hmm, I thought to myself, I could use a book to write down my blogging ideas when I'm at work...

The first journal I saw was red with "Keep Calm and Carry On" on the front--it seemed appropriate for containing wedding planning notes.  Then I saw this:


Heh. It made me laugh and seemed fitting because of the cupcake ornament in my hand, so I brought it home and now I have a complete cupcake set!

I've been working crazy hours lately (and weekends too), so I don't really have a ton of time to write when I get home; I think this will let me get my thoughts out and down on paper so I don't lose them back out into the universe before they make it onto the screen.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a serious craft store weakness?


No comments:

Post a Comment