Friday, November 12, 2010

The First Step is Admitting You Have a Problem

A sad thing happened yesterday.

I was grocery shopping and strayed down the magazine aisle.  The bridal magazine section has this strange, magnetic pull on me.  I can't help it---pretty, shiny pages! I want, I want, I want!


I love Martha Stewart Weddings. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from Martha, but she's dangerous.  Martha makes you believe that you too can be crafty like her and have the same gorgeous results.  I bet that even Martha's 3rd grade macaroni art was stellar.

So, I walk past the rack and say, "Oooh!  A new Martha Stewart Wedding issue," and put it in the basket.  I get home and start reading.  Thing is, as I'm going along, this all looks very familiar to me....maybe I saw it online? 

Then I have a horrible thought--I am almost certain that I already own this issue.  I look in my bridal magazine tote (yes, I do need an entire tote for the magazines, which lately have also begun taking over our magazine/crap basket on the side of the couch).

Oh. My. God.  I do already own this magazine. I have so many bridal magazines that I can't remember when I have already bought one.



Well done, Martha.  Well done...

No comments:

Post a Comment