Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reckless Enthusiasm and a Craft Store: A Love Story

I've never been one of those people that does something halfway.  Never.  Whole hog, I throw myself into whatever the task of the moment is...I can't help it.  It's how I do.

When Mr. Goodlaff and I got engaged, for weeks I did nothing but research and plan and get us organized to tackle the monumental task of planning a wedding.  Post engagement, I was cruising Project Wedding and found this tutorial on how to make hair flowers.  Inspiration! To the craft store I went, sans list of needed supplies, came home with organza instead of chiffon, but made the flowers anyway.   Later, I went back to the store, bought chiffon and made them with the materials suggested (chiffon is ridiculously hard to cut--I prefer the organza for ease of use). Want to see? Chiffon to the left, organza to the right:


And here's what they should look like:


Did they use a laser to cut the chiffon or something?  My scissors must be super-crappy...

Anyway, since the flowers didn't turn out so bad, I've been in search of the next wedding-related craft project.

Enter my wedding shoes: I already have shoes for the wedding, but they need just a little bit of sparkle.  I've looked everywhere for shoe clips to give them that extra help, to no avail.  I've seen a lot of great options, but nothing that really wows me, so last night I got an idea: I will make them! 

Nevermind the fact that I haven't the slightest clue where to start or what I'd need to make them.  Nevermind that it will probably cost me more to make them than to buy some. Nevermind that I will probably need to remake them several times before they are perfect. I will conquer! If it hadn't been 10PM I would have gotten in the car, bought out the craft store and stayed up all night making something sparkly for my wedding day feet.

I now present to you, my wedding day shoe clips:


Okay, so they're not done yet, but stay tuned, because the fun is just beginning! 

What were you inspired to (or felt you needed to) DIY for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment