Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hoping Someday I Can Read Again...

As I wrap up wedding details, I've been thinking about the things I miss doing--things I've had to put off for months and months while doing wedding planning.  Don't get me wrong--wedding planning has been fun, and I've had a ton of opportunities to craft--but I kind of miss normal life.

Here's what I'm looking forward to, post-nuptials:

Mini-moon!
Sleeping
Reading non-wedding-related books again
Knitting
Baking
Cooking
Sleeping
Moving to Seattle
Honeymoon!
Shopping for things that aren't wedding-related
Chopping off all of my hair
Eating at the dining room table

And so on, and so on.

I've always heard that pregnant ladies, at the end of their nine months, just can't wait for it to be all over and done with.  That's not to say that planning a wedding is anything like having a baby, but I really am ready for the big show to start.  I can't wait to see all our plans and ideas come to fruition and to stop stressing about little details and drama.

T-minus four days!!!

What are you (or did you) looking forward to post wedding?

3 comments:

  1. I really missed normal life. We've been married just over two months now and I love not having to spend so much time on "wedding crap". I was so over planning at the end that I just wanted to throw in the towel and elope. Now I can look at pretty wedding things, enjoy them for what they are, and go back to my normal life. I don't miss the planning process at all. The last month was so stressful---I was stressed, and sleeping so poorly. We slept 10-12 hours each night on our honeymoon, it was CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe it's so close! and yeah i bet it's like having a baby...it's just so much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to scrapbooking, reading, cooking, baking, and playing piano! I'm def. ready for normal life to resume!

    ReplyDelete