Friday, April 8, 2011

Blinded by the White

What is it about weddings that makes a bride want to look her best?  Oh, I don't know...maybe the fact that more pictures will be taken of her on this one day than any other day in her life?

I can tell you, trying to look perfect for the wedding could be a full-time job in and of itself.  I have already begun field-testing contact lenses, which has been going, for the most part, well (although a few days ago I had a contact in backwards for about an hour and a half before I finally fixed it--it's a learning process).  I have gone to the dermatologist and gotten a cocktail of creams and medications to fix my skin so I look lovely and acne-free on my wedding day.  I have picked out the perfect shoes, dress, and jewelry to make me look oh so lovely, and one of these days, someone will finally give me my swirly cloak of bridal glow, which will be the cherry on top of it all.

But there is one more thing I need to achieve bridal portrait perfection...


A lovely smile!  

Treatments in the dentist's office are far beyond the limits of my pocketbook, so I have settled on an at-home option: Crest White Strips Advanced and their 3D Whitening Toothpaste, and I have to say, I'm three days in and pretty impressed. 

Many, many years ago, I used Crest White strips, but they were messy and ill-fitting.  They did the job, but also made my teeth really sensitive.  I have to say, the current strips are much, much better!  There's no getting around the sensitivity, but the strips really adhere to my teeth, they don't slide around, and I am able to talk mostly lisp-free. The pack is for 14 days (30 minutes a day), but it will take me longer than that for me to work through it, given the fact that the strips make my teeth super-sensitive; I do two days of strips, then one day without.  Coupled with the whitening toothpaste, I am confident I will give myself the best chance at having a glowing, Cheshire-Cat smile just in time for the wedding!

Are you considering, or did you use teeth-whitening products in preparation for your big day?

No comments:

Post a Comment