Thursday, March 31, 2011

Clean Cup! Move Down!: Presents and Partings

After the food, and after the games, it was time for me to open presents.  I'm going to apologize in advance here, but since I was the one doing the unwrapping, I have no pictures of this part!

We all sat down, and the unwrapping began.  I've never been one of those people that's totally comfortable being the center of attention, and opening gifts is one of those things that makes me squirm a little bit, because people are going to see your reaction to their gifts (which is, of course, the whole point).  I am also one of those anal present-unwrappers that prefers not to rip the paper if it can be helped;  I spend a lot of time finding paper seams and carefully unwrapping the gift.   No, I don't know why--it's just how I do. 

I was so fortunate to be showered with so many amazing gifts, some of which were a new toaster (so desperately needed), an electric carving knife, a silver sugar bowl and creamer, a tea caddy, cookie press, color-coded cutting boards, and all kinds of other kitcheny goodness. 

Although Mr. Goodlaff and I really enjoy all of our new gadgets, the best part about the whole shower was the people present, and not the presents they brought.  It was incredibly heartwarming to see so many people from different parts of my life (family, friends, co-workers) come together over me, and I really had a great time. The hats were fabulous, the food was fabulous, the decor was fabulous, and the company was unparalleled.

Once the gift opening was done, people began to meander out into the cold, bound for home once again.  Our awesome guests came and went, until only family was left. 

We did, however, take a group shot, complete with hats, before anyone escaped:



 Please forgive the crappy photos. My camera was freaking the hell out.  In fact, it may be time for a replacement...but anyway...

At the end of the day, it was an awesome shower, and Sister Goodlaff and Mama Goodlaff did an incredible job putting it together. 



I really couldn't have asked for a better shower!

Was your shower everything you thought it would be?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome, I can't wait for mine! Though...I think I'm going to be very uncomfortable and nervous opening presents toooo!

    ReplyDelete